Saturday 21 May 2011

The X Files - Twenty Years On

The abstract for the above journal has been revised and sent! Just got to keep all my fingers crossed that it gets accepted, and that I can get ethics committee approval from uni for it (I'm planning on questioning/interviewing fans under the age of 16 so I need to put a good proposal forward to the committee). I am a little worried that I'm going to take on too much if it does get accepted, but the stuff I'd be looking at for the paper links directly to the research I'm doing on my lit review, and first drafts don't need to be in til January next year, which gives me plenty of time to work on it. Plus, I'm doing a PhD on The X Files. I can't pass up an opportunity to submit something to a journal that's doing a special edition on that very topic!

In other news, the slash book chapter I'm writing seems to be going well. I've had lots of thinky-thoughts on it, which have translated into about 6000 words of notes, and that's without any quotes from my interviewees or their fic in there! One thing I do need to find though, are femslash writers in the Twilight fandom. It's a long shot, I know, but do any of you happen to know anyone who'd be interested in being interviewed?

No comments:

Post a Comment