Sunday 15 May 2011

PhD Meeting

I met with my tutor on Wednesday to go over the first draft of the encoding/decoding section of my lit review. He was broadly pleased with it, which was good. He's said a couple of times now that I won't have a problem with the writing itself, I just need to a) be more critical and b) be more assertive in locating my work. I've got to submit another draft in June/July and that'll be it for this section. He's also wangled it so that I don't have to submit a methodology essay in June. It doesn't make sense for me to do it now because I'm a part time student so while the full timers will be moving onto the methodological work next academic year, I won't be doing it for another 18 months or so. It makes more sense for me to concentrate on my lit review now. I'm very pleased by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment