Saturday 4 June 2011

Dr Who: A Good Man Goes to War (spoilers)

I've been speculating for a while who River would be - top two contenders were the Doctor's first (?) love (the Dr's Wife, which is a whole other entry!) and Amy's daughter. So that didn't surprise me. I thought the reveal was well done, and when I first watched it I loved it, but on reflection I'm not sure how I feel. On the one hand - yes, it's very cool. On the other I kinda feel it takes away some of River's...Riverness. I mean, she is a great character. I love how she's written and I love how she's acted. But it feels as though her being Amy's daughter somehow negates that - she's cool because she's Amy's daughter and therefore is less of a great character in her own right. If that makes sense. I do hope that we get to see more of River as a character and not as a mystery though. And I'm going to have to rewatch this series again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment