Thursday 8 July 2010

It's Worrying How Time Flies

I now have only two months to finish my MA portfolio of 10000. I swear 5 minutes ago I had four months.

I've had my marks back for my teaching essay and portfolio one - 76 for the essay and my tutor's told me to submit it to some journals, and 68 for the portfolio. I was really hoping I'd get more, and I debated contesting it, but in the end I decided not to bother. I did, however, email a couple of journals for the teaching essay (which was on writing therapy and client safety) and one has come back to say yes, please submit. I've also emailed Henry Jenkins about the fan activism issue of the Journal of Transformative Works and Cultures he's guest editing, and had a reply today to say that they're interested in the paper I've proposed and would like me to submit. They can't guarantee publication as it has to go through peer review, but the fact that they're interested when it's not an area I've studied and I haven't even started my PhD yet really pleased me. I know what I'm going to write about, and I've approached some people I want to do case studies with, so just waiting for their permission and then I can start the research and drawing up my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment